Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fantasia(1940)




















FANTASIA is my third Disney movie to talk about after watching the movie.  This is not ordinary Disney Movie.  If you closed your eyes the whole entire time during the film it would almost like being at SYMPHONY concert.  Now it would not be a good thing since there are great images you would surely miss out on.
The first word that comes to my mind  to say anything good about this film is IMAGINATION.
So as the movie starts out, you see the orchestra tuning up and getting ready for the big performance.  As they were doing this, two fondly Remembrance came to mind, First one was just how much fun being in BAND was.  I recall those great times playing on my Percussion Instruments.   The other remembrance that occurred to me was back around when I was 7 or 8 my whole entire school in Cape Elizabeth, Maine went on a field trip to the theater and this was the movie we saw.  I believe it was my first time ever saw the movie, but you know as a kid analyzing a movie like this was not gonna come to you.
So my top 3 favorite songs are:
#3 Ave Maria Opt 52 No. 6
#2 The Whole Entire Nut Cracker Suite
#1 Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565

As I was listening to the first song, I kept thinking of Vannessa Mae the first Classical music to break into the Dance charts.  Toccotta is one interesting classical song.  Now for my favorite, creapiest and scariest scenes of the movie.
 My favorite scene about the whole movie is the conductor showed the how a SOUND  looks.  When he asked a certain instrument to play a long LINE shows what it looks like after being played.  I thought it was pretty interesting.   The creepiest scene is the one about the DINASOURS.  I am sorry, not too keen about Dinasaours or Eviloution and all that.  Not a topic to talk about in this blog though. Now the scariest part which I think it was a good idea to teach kids that YES there is a HELL.  That scene was pretty darn scary and as I kept watching it, I am like that is not a place I desire not to be.  This was truly was a great experience and first DISNEY movie I give a full 5 STARS.


No comments:

Post a Comment